3 min read
Our goal is to build an inclusive and diverse platform that takes into account the varying ages and sensitivities of our users. We believe it's important to offer the option for users to decide whether or not to view adult content.
In order to aid users in making informed decisions, we differentiate adult content, which contains mature themes, from content that is appropriate for all ages by assigning an 18+ tag to the former. We define "mature themes" as any audio, visual, or audiovisual creations that portray explicit sexual situations, including nudity in sexual contexts. We request creators to classify their content as 18+ if it is potentially unsuitable for individuals under 18 years old. While we recognize that the appropriate age may differ depending on the location, most places require a certain level of maturity to view this content and engage in these activities.
You can post nude creations on Backstage of both real and fictional subjects. Before posting nude creations on Backstage, it's important to mark your Backstage page as 18+. Please never post or share nude creations of anyone under 18 years old, including yourself. We are committed to child safety and will work with law enforcement to address any child exploitation material.
Pornography & sexual service:
We don’t allow pornographic material or sexual services on Backstage, which we define as real people engaging in sexual acts such as masturbation or sexual intercourse on camera. In addition to this
- You cannot offer items that are either sexually gratifying or intimate in nature.
- You cannot use the platform’s payment system to fund escort activity.
- You cannot offer an erotic webcam session to your fans
- 18+ creators featuring real people cannot offer benefits that are limited to a single user, such as a custom video or audio file specifically created for one user, or a page made for one user.
Offensive & graphic creations:
We acknowledge that artists may need to test boundaries in their pursuit of creating thought-provoking art. For this reason, we evaluate offensive and graphic content within the broader context of the creator's entire page, rather than relying on rigid rules or guidelines.
However, we have a zero-tolerance policy for the glorification of sexual violence, including bestiality, rape, and child exploitation (i.e. sexualized depiction of minors), regardless of whether the creations are illustrated, animated, or of any other type. In addition, we do not allow fringe sexual fetish creations, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish creations that are hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex. While we understand that some topics on this list, such as incest or rape, can be complicated because they unfortunately occur in real life, we must prioritize the safety of our community. Backstage Army reserves the right to review and remove accounts that violate these guidelines.
Examples of content we see as containing mature themes
- Works depicting real people in the nude in sexual contexts
- Animations or illustrations depicting nudity in sexual contexts, and animations or illustrations featuring sexual interactions
- Audio content that features simulated sexual interactions
Examples of content we won’t view as mature
- Works featuring nudity that is not designed to be sexually gratifying, such as photos of sculptures or paintings
- Works featuring nudity or sexual situations that are designed for educational purposes
- A standup comedy set featuring profanity or “adult” language